EWB-Purdue EWB Week 12

Shawn Edward Makulec smakulec at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 3 09:55:53 EDT 2017

Hey everyone!

In this week's email:

  *   Officer elections have been postponed
  *   Info on our next team social event
  *   The plan for the 11/6 meeting

Officer elections have been postponed to week 14.  As we have reviewed the proposed constitution with the chapter, several points have been raised regarding our integration with EPICS and need to be addressed.  We cannot have elections before the chapter has approved the new constitution, especially because officer roles are redefined in the proposed constitution.  To allow the chapter the appropriate amount of time to review these changes, we are going to hold the vote during the week 14 Monday meeting.  Nominations will remain open for the extended deadline.

Our next team social event is officially Winterization on Saturday, November 11th!  We've participated in Winterization for the past several years, and it's always a great chance to make an impact on our local community while getting to know each other better.  More information about Winterization is here<https://www.purduewinterization.org/>, and the link to register is here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7Hcrm6glFmIjF05V05G3wLsNzPW9FeVElV5UV98ZPLcuMdQ/viewform>.  Make sure to include in the registration form that you're part of the Engineers Without Borders group, and register for the second wave.

Program selection is ready to present their recommended community during our meeting this Monday, which will be at 6:00 PM in ARMS B098.  A lot of hard work has gone into coming up with this recommendation, as our chapter will work with our next community partners for at least five years.  The new member design team will also be meeting Monday night, as they have for the past several weeks.

Here's <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k6adasfa5cutbnmsfkr76qvcuk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York> the link to our team calendar.

That's all!  I'll see everyone on Monday at the meeting.

Best,

Shawn Makulec