EWB-Purdue EWB Week 4

Shawn Edward Makulec smakulec at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:34:29 EST 2017

Hello all!

Things are starting to really get into full swing with EWB, and we're settling down into a rhythm.  Here's this week's schedule and updates:

A note on club dues:  The officers met last week, and EWB now has a new dues structure.  Club fees are now $25 for a year membership, which can be paid in the Fall semester, or $15 for a single-semester membership, which can be paid in either the Fall or Spring semesters.  (For current members who need to pay dues, only the single-semester membership is available right now, as it is the Spring semester.)  If anyone has questions about this, email either me or Abde, our treasurer.

Elections will be coming up in the beginning of March!  We've decided to shift to an elections cycle based on the calendar year instead of the school year, which means terms at this election will run until December.  If you're interested in running for an officer position, talk to current officers and start learning more about the positions!  We'll send an official announcement later in the semester with descriptions of team roles.

Just a reminder-- if you're not in EPICS, sign up for committees!  Feel free to email the committee heads and ask any questions you may have.

On to the schedule:

Tuesday, 1/31:

Biogas Team meeting: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098C.

Wednesday, 2/1:

Water Team meeting: 5:00 - 6:00 PM, ARMS 3115.

Chapter meeting: 6:00 - 6:45 PM, ARMS B098-2.  We'll be working on project selection this week!

EPICS Lab: 6:00 - 7:50 PM, ARMS 1098-C.  (EPICS crew will be working in lab for all of Wednesday night, not coming to the Chapter meeting.)

Fundraising Committee meeting: 7:00 PM, ARMS B098-2.

Thursday, 2/2:

Events Committee meeting: 6:00 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).

Monday, 2/6:

Future Directions team meeting: 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098-C.

Tuesday, 2/7:

Media Committee meeting: 5:30 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).

Have a great week!  See you all Wednesday!

Best,

Shawn Makulec