EWB-Purdue EWB Week 15: Design Review

Shawn Edward Makulec smakulec at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 18 17:07:17 EDT 2017

Hello all!

It's week 15, which means Design Review!  In this email:

  *
Details on this week's meeting
  *
The final spring social event, this Sunday
  *
T-shirt contest!
  *
Our plan for the rest of the semester, including next week's speaker

Design Review this Wednesday will be in ARMS B098-2, the i2i Studio, just like our first DR this semester.  It will begin promptly at 6:00 PM, and will run until 8:00 PM.  EPICS students are required to attend, and chapter members are strongly encouraged to come.  (This is our full chapter meeting for the week.)  EPICS members:  we have the i2i Studio reserved beginning at 5:30, so if you would like to arrive early and set up, you're welcome to.

Our chapter has one more team social event planned for the semester!  This Sunday, April 23rd, we will be going to the Columbian Park Zoo in Lafayette at 1:00 PM. Admission is completely free, and our plan is to carpool there, but there are also buses that run out there if needed. We can stay as long as we want to, but will probably leave around 3:00. If you would like to go, please fill out this quick Google form <https://goo.gl/forms/dpNIja4tIzsZtZ8j1> ASAP!

A reminder that we will be ordering T-shirts at the start of next semester!  We're having an open design contest this month-- if you have any interest in designing the next EWB T-shirt, make a design on CustomInk (here)<https://www.customink.com/> and email Sean McCrohan (smccroha at purdue.edu) a link to the design before Friday, 4/21.  Our chapter did a survey earlier in the semester and determined that people prefer a long-sleeve shirt, so keep this in mind.  Sean will be sending out a copy of our new logo soon; please include this somewhere in your design.

Next week will be our last chapter meeting for the semester, and we will be joined by Andrea Burniske.  Andrea works in the Global Engineering Programs office, and will be talking to our chapter about ethics in international development.  I'm really looking forward to this-- Andrea is fantastically interesting, and this will be a great chance for all of us to learn about an important topic.

Here's a link <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k6adasfa5cutbnmsfkr76qvcuk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York> to our Google calendar.

This week's schedule:

Tuesday 4/18:
Biogas team meeting: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098C.

Wednesday, 4/19:
Water team meeting: 5:00 - 6:00 PM, ARMS 3115.

DESIGN REVIEW: 6:00 - 8:00 PM, ARMS B098-2.  This is our full chapter meeting for the week!

Executive Officer's meeting: 8:00 PM, ARMS 1098-C.  Only executive officers need to attend this meeting.

Thursday, 4/20
Events Committee meeting: 6:00 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).
Fundraising committee meeting: 6:30 PM, Amelia's.
5K meeting: 6:30 PM, Amelia's.

Monday, 4/24:
Grants Committee meeting: 6:00 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).
Program Selection: 6:00 PM, Amelia's.
Future Directions team meeting: 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098-C.

Tuesday, 4/25:
Biogas team meeting: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098C.

That's everything!  See you all at Design Review on Wednesday!

Best,

Shawn Makulec