EWB-Purdue EWB Week 13

Shawn Edward Makulec smakulec at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 4 18:17:21 EDT 2017

Hello all!

This is a pretty brief update-- for the most part, it's business as usual for our chapter this week.  In this email:

  *   Info on the special guest speaker coming to our chapter meeting
  *   Program selection schedule updates
  *   This week's schedule

Make sure not to miss our chapter meeting this week!  Tomorrow, Allen Boyd will be joining us.  Mr. Boyd is a veteran of the U.S. military and a longtime member of the Indianapolis chapter of EWB.  He is currently working with EWB-USA to develop program metrics for cultural awareness while traveling internationally, and will be speaking to us about international project/travel safety.  It should be quite interesting-- I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Program selection is meeting on both Mondays and Wednesdays for the rest of the semester.  These new Monday meetings will be at 6:00 PM in Amelia's.  Despite what information may have initially gone out, these meetings are at 6:00 PM now.  6:00 PM.  (Keep an eye on the Program Selection GroupMe to make sure you don't miss any of this info.  If you aren't in that GroupMe and want to be, send me an email!)

Here's our team's Google calendar<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k6adasfa5cutbnmsfkr76qvcuk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>, which is a good place to check if you're unsure about what's going on with our team.

This week's schedule:

Tuesday 4/4:
Biogas team meeting: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098C.

Wednesday, 4/5:
Water team meeting: 5:00 - 6:00 PM, ARMS 3115.

Chapter meeting: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, ARMS B098-2.  Make sure to come and hear Mr. Boyd's talk!  (This is a FULL chapter meeting.)

Program Selection:  7:00 - 7:45 PM, ARMS B098-2.

EPICS Lab: 7:00 - 7:50 PM, ARMS 1098-C.

Officer's meeting: 8:00 PM, ARMS 1098-C.  This is an all-officer meeting.

Thursday, 4/6
Events Committee meeting: 6:00 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).
Fundraising committee meeting: 6:00 PM, Amelia's.
5K meeting: 6:30 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).

Monday, 4/10:
Grants Committee meeting: 6:00 PM, Amelia's (ARMS basement).
Program Selection: 6:00 PM, Amelia's.
Future Directions team meeting: 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098-C.

Tuesday, 4/11:
Biogas team meeting: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, ARMS 1098C.

That's everything!

Best,

Shawn Makulec