[Ewb-list] EWB Weekly Email

cverhoff at purdue.edu cverhoff at purdue.edu
Mon Sep 23 21:58:57 EDT 2013

Hi EWBers,

Hopefully you were able to come out to our first meeting last week. But if not, don't worry! Our next meeting is this *****Wednesday, the 25th, at 7:00pm in ME 2061***** . The room will not be the same every week this semester, since it is difficult finding a large room consistently available, so pay attention to the emails!

Also, new email format. Hopefully it's a bit easier to read and keep track of all the events we have going on!

Chrissy Verhoff
Communications Manager

Shackathon (Oct. 10)
Support Habitat for Humanity while getting EWB's name out on campus. Build a unique "shack" and decorate it to advertise our club!
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As52EvnTd4gQdEREUFNyODY5QkhMVm1DYktEY253UUE&usp=sharing
See attached flier for more details!

Coldstone Fundraiser .....THIS THURSDAY 10:30am-4:30pm
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As52EvnTd4gQdEE2U3lrX2h1MmE3NUEyUUdJcXRlNVE#gid=0
Invite your friends on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/515307668555003/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Facebook group for EWB : https://www.facebook.com/groups/358349884202026/

Regional Conference in Cincinnati:
See attached fliers for more details!
Date: November 1 - 3, 2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio at Crowne Plaza Hotel
Hosted by: Greater Cincinnati Professionals, Miami University, and University of Cincinnati EWB Chapters

*HIGHLIGHTS*
- State of EWB-USA update by the Executive Director of EWB-USA
- Regional update by Great Lakes Regional President
- Dinner and Sustainability Tour at the Cincinnati Zoo
- Networking among students, professionals, and sponsors
- Breakout sessions that fit into 4 different tracks:
(1) Chapter Focused
(2) Technical
(3) Project/ Community Relations
(4) Hands-On

Capturing Resilience Summit Info:

Thanks to everyone for letting me talk about the upcoming summit “ Capturing Resilience: The bridge between recovery and prosperity. ” at last night 's EWB meeting. Click here to learn more and register for free .

Highlights:
Capturing Resilience is a summit to bring together leaders from government, industry, agriculture, and academia to draft and implement strategies to enhance economic prosperity and environmental preservation in the region.

    • Nationally renown speakers in sustainable development and resilience strategy
    • Poster and 3 minute thesis competitions with cash awards.
    • Lunch served with locally grown produce

Oct 21st & 22nd
Marriot, Stewart Center, and PMU