[Ewb-list] Tonight's Meeting and Next Week

cverhoff at purdue.edu cverhoff at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 13 21:20:27 EST 2013

Hi EWBers,

If you missed tonight's meeting, here is what we covered:

Upcoming Events:
-Next Thursday, Prof. Riall Nolan will hold an anthropology-engineering workshop from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. in FRNY 1043. The emphasized topic will be approaching development from a new perspective, which could be very beneficial to EWB and our future work. This will be the first in a series of three seminars by Prof. Nolan.

-Sustainability Seminar next Wednesday. 2-6:30 p.m. Feb. 20 in Discovery Park's Hall for Discovery and Learning Research. Register here: http://studentsustainabilitysummit.eventbrite.com/#

Club News:
-If you have not done so yet, please bring dues to next Wednesday's meeting. For full EWB professional membership (access to EWB professional website, ability to travel) it is $20/semester or $30/year. For Purdue chapter membership (member of Purdue chapter, without additional EWB access) it is $10/semester.

-If you have any interest at all in volunteering locally at the children's museum, Imagination Station,please fill out the poll with your availability. We will soon be making decisions on how and when we will begin volunteering. The poll is here: http://www.doodle.com/45fh8rkknc44wpqs

-Get creative! If you have any t-shirt designs/ideas, email Krysten about them at mahk at purdue.edu.

-Next meeting goals: fundraising and grant-writing workshops. We will be working on EWB Grants which are due at the end of the month, and on fundraising around campus for money and for club awareness.

Our next meeting will be *****Wed. 20th, at 7pm in ME 1015***** just as before. Hope to see you there!!

Chrissy Verhoff
Communications Manager