[Ewb-list] Meeting Summary & Agenda for Tonight

Day, Alexander K daya at purdue.edu
Thu Jul 22 12:24:42 EDT 2010

Hey'all,

We're going to be meeting again tonight in GEP @ 7.

Last night we used cost and reliability numbers to help determine what materials and power source we will choose. After doing some calculations we decided that a water tower may not be necessary due to the elevation advantage the Tree Spring already has. However, it looks like we will need to put in a water mill or water steps to take out some energy out of the main water pipe before we can combine it with the Tree Spring flow. We probably then need to install a pump to bring the entire flow up to desirable pressure.

Tonight we are revising the 523 alternatives analysis to reflect our updates and continue exploring cost, reliability, and safety factors.

Hope your summer is going great.

Alex

Alexander Day
EWB-Purdue, President