[ESW] ESW Post-Meeting Wrap Up

Kevin Antonio Murcia-Barrios kmurciab at purdue.edu
Thu Jan 25 22:48:32 EST 2018

Hey everybody,

After the conclusion of our first Spring semester meeting, I'm here to bring you some of the important takeaways:

New Members Read Here!
Thank you for taking interest in our club and more important sustainability in general! By attending our call-out, you have agreed to our terms and services and have been added to our mailing list (if you want out no worries just reply back to this email). We also have a GroupMe where you can communicate with other ESW members and where we post upcoming events and reminders. To be added to this wonderful form of communication just fill out this link here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeW64t3R3kmSAdm0ick0NVjUN5o9XWk6FP3fKLD2s1BzHoaZw/viewform?usp=sf_link>.

Meeting Time Change
As voted on during our last meeting, we will now be meeting at 6:30 pm instead of our previous regular time of 6:00 pm. Still every other Wednesday so at least that's consistent

Current Projects

  *   Granite

As of right now the project looks to be heading to city council. The project is hoping to work with the Go Greener commission to help with the process. Our main goal currently is to get support from those who live off campus, especially those living in Granite apartments.

  *   Recycling Initiative

Not much to be said here at the moment. More news hopefully by next meeting

  *   Smoothie Bike

We're currently working on how we're going to start this project. So far we have a bike so that's a good start. We also have talks in progress to collaborate with another sustainability club so stay tuned for more on that.
And as always if you have any ideas or projects you want to start let us know either at a club meeting or get in contact with a board member!

Open Board Position
We currently have an open treasurer position! Nominate somebody or yourself, either way nominations are open until two days before our vote next meeting. To nominate somebody just email anybody on the board or DM our sweet President Pranjal on GroupMe (also if you want to know more about the position in general do that too). During our next meeting all nominees will have the opportunity to pitch themselves to sway our votes. Good luck!

NEW Certificate
Word has come to us that Purdue will begin offering a new certificate aimed at conservation. The Environmental and Sustainability Studies Certificate is a 15-credit ESS certificate that explores what its name suggests, environmental and sustainability problems. Even better the certificate is open to all Purdue majors! More information can be found here (https://www.cla.purdue.edu/students/academics/certificates/environmental.html) and we will also relay more to you guys at the meetings.
[https://cla.purdue.edu/images/socialmediabumper3.jpg]<https://www.cla.purdue.edu/students/academics/certificates/environmental.html>

Environmental and Sustainability Studies // Purdue College ...<https://www.cla.purdue.edu/students/academics/certificates/environmental.html>
www.cla.purdue.edu
Environmental and Sustainability Studies. This interdisciplinary program will appeal to students interested in studying environmental and sustainability problems from ...

Next meeting will be at BRNG B230 at 6:30 PM Wednesday, January 31.  Hope to see you all there!

Kevin Murcia
Purdue University | Class of 2020
Engineers for a Sustainable World | Secretary
Computer Science