[ESW] ESW Post-Meeting Wrap Up 10/04

Kevin Antonio Murcia-Barrios kmurciab at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 4 23:35:01 EDT 2017

Hey everybody,

After the conclusion of another wonderful meeting, I'm here to bring you some of the important takeaways from it:

Tailgating Recycling
Tailgating recycling is back this Saturday. You know the deal, pass out recycling bags during the tailgate and get free stuff.  We now most of you won't be able to attend due to fall break, but if you can please do. If you have any question or can't attend after signing up (but really do try if you sign up) , then contact Cassidy (brow1184 at purdue.edu) or post them on the GroupMe.

Annual ESW Conference
The national conference for ESW is just around the corner, April 6-8th . This year its being held at Georgia Tech. We're currently gauging interest and if we see there is enough, we can plan a trip. Depending on the expenses, we will use some of the club's funds or apply for SOGA funding, all while trying to minimize personal expenses. So please fill out this form<https://purdue.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5d5nnbEvrn1pmHH> ASAP so we can know where we stand on interest.

Friday Night Lights
FNL has begun! More information will be sent out soon.

Boiler Bash
Next Thursday, October 12, Krach lawn will be the host of displays from various clubs from 6-9 pm. The main catch of this event is that every table needs an interactivity activity to draw in the crowds. We need members to help with setting up our activity as well as with banners and flyers. If you feel generous enough to help, you can sign up here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UH0U-ecuyBT-n-CMaRXA1shyvMz2_A1jlDiQ544ipVg/edit?usp=sharing>.

New Projects/Events Ideas
We're always looking for new projects. If you have any ideas let us know. To submit an idea, write up a formal project submission including why, when, how, amount of money and manpower required, and a plan of action. For more info contact Pranjal (pmaheshk at purdue.edu).

Here are some of the ideas we have gathered:

IDEAS FROM LAST TIME

  *   Recycling initiative - posters/information on what to recycle
  *   Speaking to University Residences regarding lack of water fountains in places like 1st Street Towers

POSSIBLE NEW IDEAS

  *   Solar kiosk - new uses
  *   Composting bin
  *   Community farm
  *   Smoothie cart operated by bicycles
  *   Small house with net zero energy

Next meeting will be at BRNG B230 at 6:00 PM Wednesday, October 18.  Hope to see you all there!

Kevin Murcia
Purdue University | Class of 2020
Engineers for a Sustainable World | Secretary
Computer Science