[ESW] ESW Upcoming Events

Olivia Kay Steele osteele at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 18 23:23:58 EST 2014

Hey guys!

So we have a ton of new members on this list which is super exciting. On behalf of the whole club, welcome! Here's some events coming up soon:

Feb. 19 - Student Sustainability Council (SSC) meeting
The Student Sustainability Council is a meeting of all the green clubs on campus to pool resources, share ideas, and accomplish bigger tasks than any of us could on our own. ESW is a member and anyone is welcome to attend their meeting at 5:30 in POTR 141. It's a truly inspiring group of people.

Feb. 26 - ESW General Meeting
We will be meeting at 6 PM to discuss projects, meet new members, and learn about what our club is up to.

March 5 - Movie Night!
We're going to be watching Chasing Ice in PHYS 112 on the big screens at 6:30 PM. This is the first in a series of documentaries we will be sharing with the SSC. You can watch the trailer here . It's gorgeous!

April 11 -13 - ESW National Conference
The National Conference is being held at Northwestern this year! We will be driving out Friday morning to participate. This is plenty of notice for professors, and it promises to be an amazing opportunity, so mark your calendars and make plans! Go here to register. We will be splitting the cost of a hotel room for the two nights.

Friday Night Lights!
Every Friday you can volunteer to help turn out lights in buildings all over campus. It takes less than an hour and you get free Chipotle in the bargain. Sign up for a Friday here .

Enjoy the warm weather!

Olivia Steele
Community Service and Events Coordinator
Engineers for a Sustainable World