[ESW] Happy Earth Week ESW!

Olivia Kay Steele osteele at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 21 21:33:01 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,

A ton more things have come on my radar this Earth Week and next week. The ones I most want to call your attention to are below, but there are more in the Earth Day Agenda. Check it out!

    • Tree Planting - Thursday from 10-12 meet outside Knoy doors facing Northwestern. It's Arbor Day!
    • Bike to Class - Friday from 12 - 1 PM under the Purdue Arch. Mitch Daniels declined to come speak at this event, so we want to make it huge to show him what he missed. Just bring your bike!
    • Tom Linebarger CEO of Cummins - May 2 from 1:30 - 2:30 PM in the Dean's Auditorium in Pfendler Hall. His speech is called "Driving Global Success through Environmental Sustainability". Mitch Daniels will be attending introducing him, so again, we want a strong showing of support!

In case you are wondering about all this Mitch Daniels talk, one of the goals of the overall green movement on campus is to show him the importance of sustainability culture to Purdue students thus making sustainability of the campus important to him. You can help us out by attending these events and using your collective action power!

Thanks guys! See you Wednesday!

--
Olivia Steele
Community Service and Events Coordinator