[ESW] ESW: Upcoming Events!

Olivia Kay Steele osteele at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:04:17 EST 2013

Hey ESW!

This semester is wrapping up fast, but we have a few more fun things to do before then.

11/15 - This Friday: Movie Night
Calvin has offered to let us have a movie night at his place. We'll meet at 7 in front of Elliot on that circle drive and carpool over to Calvin's house at 2487 Catalina Lane, West Lafayette. Emilie has promised guacamole, so it should be a good time no matter what movie we end up picking.

11/16-This Saturday: Winterization
It's not too late to sign up! Come participate in this awesome service project! Last year there were somewhere around 800 Purdue students involved! Go here to register and choose Engineers for a Sustainable World as your group. Also, let us know if you are planning on attending, so we can make sure we have cars and such. We will meet at 7 am (Early I know, but it's worth it) and eat a delicious breakfast, head out to serve some West Lafayette residents who need help getting their houses ready for winter, and come back for delicious warming lunch. All done by about 1:30 pm. It's so much fun, and, bonus, around four hours of community service if you need that for learning community, class, or other clubs. Further bonus! Weather will be a beautiful partly cloudy high of 54 degrees!

11/25: Chasing Ice
The weekend of Thanksgiving, the new documentary on climate change will be shown here on campus. Emilie is working out details for us, but it will be around 11 am. We watched the trailer during our meeting Monday, and it looks gorgeous. It's supposed to be an awesome entertaining movie. Here is the link to watch a trailer for it.

Sometime during Dead Week: Study Break!
Instead of a general meeting during Dead Week when we get back from break, we thought it would be nice to just hang out someplace comfy. We will have snacky foods and board games in the Wood Lobby of Windsor (Straight down second street until you dead end in the door and turn left to the couch room). If you're interested in coming, fill out this doodle for times that would actually be relaxing for you.

If you all have any questions about events or any suggestions for a movie for Friday, email me!

See you all soon!

Olivia Steele
osteele at purdue.edu
Engineers for a Sustainable World
Community Service and Events Coordinator