ESE-faculty-list FW: West Lafayette - My Water Pledge

Lee, Linda S lslee at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 12 09:40:24 EDT 2021

One of our ESE students Kayla Young is inviting us to participate - please consider doing so....

Hi Dr. Lee,

West Lafayette is taking part in the Wyland National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation this year - this might be something of interest to ESE students and affiliates, so I wanted to share to see if you'd like to send information about it out to the ESE listserv.

During the month of April participants can take the online pledge to conserve water  at https://www.mywaterpledge.com/. West Lafayette is credited for each participant. The pledge consists of about four very simple questions or categories (it takes only minutes to complete).  At the end of April, the city with the most participants can earn grand prizes and recognition for their conservation efforts. Participants are also entered to win daily prizes. I also think it's a great opportunity to see how much you might be able to save by making relatively small changes - you get information on how much water your pledge will save once you've completed the questionnaire.

Would you consider sharing some information about the pledge and a link to the website<http://www.mywaterpledge.com/> with ESE students and affiliates?

Please let Bill Arthur, who is cc'd and helping to facilitate the challenge, or me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Best,

--
Kayla Young (she/her/hers)
Ph.D. Student | Political Science | Ecological Sciences and Engineering (ESE)