[Epics-india] EPICS INDIA: Welcome Back and Week 11-12 Notebook Review

Leidig, Paul Alan pleidig at purdue.edu
Mon Mar 23 10:27:07 EDT 2020

EPICS India,

Amidst this unforeseen transition, I hope you are well and were able to enjoy your spring break.

Here are a few information and reminder items to keep us hitting the ground running this week.

  1.  Please be sure you are reading all announcements and emails from EPICS! These have a lot of very valuable information.
  2.  Reminder: Notebook check is due this Friday (3/27/19) at 11:59pm Eastern time.

     *   Work and Accomplishments & Reflections sections need to be updated and synced to date.
     *   Sri is planning to provide written feedback, but please let him know if you would like to have a discussion too.
     *   W&A - Under individual work, please make note of what you did, why you did it, and provide evidence for the said task. It needs to be crystal clear to an outside reader what your specific contributions are. Remember to ask yourself 'Could someone not familiar with the project pick up my notebook and reproduce my work just from this documentation?'  - this is the goal. Students in leadership roles should also focus on plans of action for delegating tasks.
     *   Reflections -  The three parts we are looking for, same as they have been, are (1) something that has happened during the week to spark this reflection, (2) connecting to a broader idea (teamwork, ethics, remote communication, benchmarking, etc.), and (3) connecting this to how you will use your experience/learning in the future inside and outside EPICS.
  1.  If you have not done so already, I strongly recommend getting your PDHs complete as soon as possible. There are many online options for this. Look for updated information on the advisor approved activity form<https://engineering.purdue.edu/EPICS/purdue/individual-documents/professional-development> from EPICS.
  2.  For PIGs conference calls, please sign in with your full name.
  3.  For PIGs conference calls, please join with audio only, to save bandwidth. When you are presenting, you can share your screen and/or video (be mindful of what is in your background).
  4.  If you foresee any issues with your access to the internet that may affect your ability to communicate with the class, please let us know ASAP, so we can help determine how best to proceed.
  5.  Please let Ali, Sri, and/or I know if you have any questions.

Paul Leidig, PE
Engineering Education
EPICS Advisor and Graduate Teaching Assistant
https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulleidig/
PLeidig at Purdue.edu<mailto:PLeidig at Purdue.edu>
[cid:image001.png at 01D600F5.04F04110]