[Epics-india] EPICS Week 7 Announcements

Pierce, Andrew L pierce1 at purdue.edu
Fri Sep 27 10:29:21 EDT 2019

Important EPICS Week 7 Announcements - Design Review Week
________________________________
Design Documents - All should be turned in by the end of the day today. If you haven't submitted, do so ASAP.

*         A PDF of the design documents should be submitted by the end of day that your lab is held to give our design reviewers time to read them.

*         You can continue to update and overwrite the document throughout the semester.

*         Upload instructions: https://engineering.purdue.edu/EPICS/teams/team-documents/design-doc-upload-instructions

________________________________
Design Reviews - October 1st-4th

*         Dress code is business casual or better.

*         Plan to use the podium PC, not your personal laptop. Preferably bring your presentation on a flash drive.

*         Do not log in/out of the podium PC with your personal account.

*         Leave the GoToMeeting session on and do not adjust the screen sharing.

*         Teams are responsible for inviting their community partners and any guest reviewers from on-campus (faculty, etc.).

o   Be sure to let the EPICS office know which guests are coming so we can get them parking passes.

________________________________
Help the EPICS LAKOTA Team - Vote Now
We have an exciting opportunity for one of our EPICS partnerships with the Oglala Lakota College (OLC) at Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.  Our team is working with students from OLC and South Dakota School of Mines and Technology on the issue of food sovereignty.  We have an opportunity to attain additional funding for the project form on-line voting.  Our project is one of four competing for the additional funding.

Start voting today! You can vote each day for our project through October 1, 2019.   Please encourage your friends, family and networks to vote as well.
https://fordblueovalnetwork.org/c3-10k-challenge
________________________________
Student Service Learning Grants - Due October 4th
All EPICS projects with non-Purdue partners should apply: Purdue's Office of Engagement provides grants to students or student organizations for work on community service learning projects. This program's goal is to expand the community involvement of Purdue students in partnership with communities, nonprofit agencies, schools, and governmental bodies. Both the application and guidelines for the Student Grant Program for Community Service/Service Learning Projects can be found online: https://slg.engagement.purdue.edu
________________________________
Social Media
We love seeing your photos and videos of your projects! Please tag us on Facebook and Twitter with your posts to share with us. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay connected so we can be sure you receive invites to come back for events, especially as design reviewers, after graduation.
________________________________
Follow Us:
[Image result for twitter logo]<https://twitter.com/EPICSPurdue>   [Image result for facebook logo] <https://www.facebook.com/epicspurdue/>      [Image result for linkedin logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5109739>
Andrew Pierce
EPICS Academic Administrator
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering - Room 1209
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Email: pierce1 at purdue.edu<mailto:pierce1 at purdue.edu>
Phone: (765) 494-3559