[Embrio-list] End of Week Announcements

Ladd, Brent Thomas laddb at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 10 11:39:26 EST 2023

Hello EMBRIO Members,

A reminder that with most of us on spring break next week, we won't meet this coming Monday. On March 20th Weekly Update we are planning an orienting overview with Q&A of the Institute's structure, roles, progress, and challenges. This may be particularly helpful for trainees, but all are encouraged to participate.

Upcoming opportunities (see attached flyers):

  *   April 5th 9 AM - 5 PM. Purdue campus. Spinning Disk Confocal Microscopy and Photomanipulation Workshop. Registration<https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eb05MXo51q4PR1c>.

This mini microscopy workshop will be hosted by Dr. Weiwei Zhang in the lap of Professor Chris Staiger using their Andor Revolution XD SDC microscope equipped with a Mosaic photomanipulation unit. This is an excellent opportunity to gain background knowledge of these techniques followed by hands-on sessions. (see the attached flyer for all the details). Note: EMBRIO trainees who desire to travel to Purdue for this workshop, please contact Brent asap to apply for travel funds.

  *   March 28-30 on Purdue campus: Are you ready for a better confocal imaging experience? See the new Dragonfly 600 with tech talk, demo, and hands-on at Purdue. Space is limited - RSVP now (details on the attached flyer).

ABIDES Update:
The next ABIDES lunch discussion with Dr. Iyer-Pascuzzi will take place March 30, Noon - 1 PM in the EMBRIO suite, DLR 228c. ABIDES open office chat time on Mondays will resume April 3, 2:30-3:00.

Investigators: Look for an email from me today regarding Mid-Yr 2 reports request.

Everyone have a great weekend. For those on spring break, safe travels if you're traveling, and have an enjoyable time (and quiet focused time for those of us staying in the saddle).

Best,
Brent

Brent T. Ladd, Senior Research Program Manager, EMBRIO Institute<https://www.purdue.edu/research/embrio/>
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering