[Embrio-list] End of Week Reminders

Brent T Ladd laddb at purdue.edu
Fri Dec 9 10:17:15 EST 2022

Dear EMBRIO Community,

ALL members, please plan to join us this next Monday Dec. 12th  at 3pm (ET) we will focus on data storage and sharing options for the Institute. This is a critical piece of integration for EMBRIO. Lev Gorenstein, Senior Computational Scientist with the Rosen Center for Advanced Computing at Purdue, will provide an overview of the Data Depot storage system and answer questions, followed by discussion for establishing a system of storing and sharing EMBRIO research data.
Zoom link: https://purdue-edu.zoom.us/j/96053485465?pwd=elVnY20wcm9kaFRtVUdPcmFHaGl1UT09&from=addon

Next Monday will be the last Weekly Update of the semester. We will reconvene Monday, January 9th at 3pm ET with a research presentation by Krishna Jayant, Assistant Professor, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue and the Nano Neurotechnology Lab<https://nanoneurotech.com/lab-members/krishna-jayant/>. Please note the new Zoom link for the Weekly Updates next semester. This was shared as a calendar invite for the series: https://purdue-edu.zoom.us/j/99819751005?pwd=UVlvWVpxRDB0cDVXbmxBU1NUTEZGZz09&from=addon

Reverse Engineering Cellular Systems Workshop TODAY
Today is the Virtual Notre Dame - Mexico Symposium 2022: Reverse Engineering Cellular Systems: Patterning and Morphogenesis. Registration to participate:  https://forms.gle/KZurTw5rwxyCdYxE9<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.gle/KZurTw5rwxyCdYxE9__;!!IBzWLUs!Q14tgBtCAB5TVdUSFbjCEV_mVc-THVXPCtrjsF4aCJ83EvPFFf6XShLkc-VepMjDe9jFZfjaElA92YixAaYOnA$>

REU EMBRIO Student Nominations
We want to start planning now for another successful summer EMBRIO cohort of undergraduate research experiences. It is highly encouraged that EMBRIO Purdue summer interns apply to the SURF REU program<https://engineering.purdue.edu/Engr/Research/EURO/students/about-SURF>. SURF program deadline is Feb. 10, so we want to identify EMBRIO REU students early.

Please complete this form<https://forms.gle/yzUQ6hEpFpXcwsN8A> for each student you request support. Deadline for first consideration is January 13.

Note that in addition to Purdue undergraduate students, there may be an opportunity to request support to mentor a student from our Partners UPR-M (contact Clara Isaza, email<mailto:clara.isaza at upr.edu>) or Morehouse College (contact Juana Mendenhall, email<mailto:juana.mendenhall at morehouse.edu>).

Graduate Student Recruitment Resource:
Ignacio Camarillo, Outreach & Recruitment Lead for EMBRIO, has provided curated lists of candidates representing minoritized populations interested in pursuing graduate school in domains relevant to our Institute (as well as some undergraduates seeking summer research internships). EMBRIO Institute is committed to increasing and supporting diversity and inclusion at all levels. You can access the recruitment lists on our shared Box account directly here<https://app.box.com/s/k9firxkxc3mhsrnl5c2qba03fi1e966h>, or via login and folders at EMBRIO Institute > Recruitment > 2022 Recruitment Lists. Please contact Ignacio directly (email<mailto:ignacio at purdue.edu>) for more information about specific students you are interested in recruiting. He may be able to provide an abstract of their recent research presentation from SACNAS or ABRCMS.

Brent T. Ladd, Senior Research Program Manager, EMBRIO Institute<https://www.purdue.edu/research/embrio/>
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
Purdue University
laddb at purdue.edu