ECEA : Two Urgent Requests

Madalina Vintila mvintila at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 17 23:08:12 EST 2011

Hello Ambassadors,

I have a couple of updates since the meeting on Tuesday, and I need volunteers.

On Monday, February 21st, Engineering Extravaganza will take place. It's part of E-Week, and it will bring in students interested in pursuing engineering in college once they finish high school. Our role is, as usual, representing ECE at this event, demonstrating some of the past projects as well as answering questions and engaging students. The demo session takes place between 9 am and 11 am, so I need 2-3 volunteers who can help with setup at 8.30 am and stay through the whole event. I will be busy all day that day with a different event, so I can only help with providing materials and support ahead of time. Officers, this is your opportunity to take charge in this event, let me know if you are available to coordinate setup.

Also, since so many students will be on campus that day (~140 for Engineering Extravaganza), we expect the attendance to Purdue for ME tours to be much higher than usual, so we would need a couple more students on hand for that event as well. Location of the presentation to start off the tours might change as well to accommodate the increased numbers, so stay posted.

In summary, I need volunteers as follows:
2-3 students: Monday, Feb 21 8.30 am - 11 am
2 students  : Monday, Feb 21 2.30 pm - 3.30 pm

Please let me know soon so I can arrange for the setup to be available and notify Dr Johnson / Prof Melloch about whom to expect.

Thanks!
Nina.