[Cce-faculty-list] University Senate

Freeland, Whitney A wfreelan at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 16 11:49:39 EDT 2024

Dear Senate Colleagues:

Provost Wolfe and Vice President Rollock released a statement in Purdue Today<https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/purduetoday/releases/2024/Q2/purdue-outlines-interim-policy-updates-to-comply-with-senate-enrolled-act-202.html?utm_source=sfmcPT&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=240712PurdueToday&utm_term=Purdue+outlines+interim+policy+updates+to+comply+with+Senate+Enrolled+Act+202&utm_id=930766> describing three interim policies put in place as a result of SEA 202. As requested by the Indiana Commission on Higher Education, these policies were required by July 1st to bring Purdue in compliance with SEA 202, which was passed by the legislature and became law this spring. Purdue's administration has communicated with Senate leadership through a liaison, Immediate Past Chair, Brian Leung, since the end of the spring semester; further, the administration discussed these new policies with the Senate liaison and myself as Senate Chair when they were completed and ready for distribution.

I want to underscore, per Provost Wolfe and Vice President Rollock's statement, that the interim policies will be refined in the coming year as the University Senate and other campus stakeholders contribute ideas.

I realize that we are in the middle of summer; many of you are on vacation, catching up on writing, or working on one of the many other tasks we set aside for summer. Even so, I have two things to ask of you. Please communicate these new interim policies to your constituents. Communicating these policies from multiple sources is the best way to ensure they are absorbed by all. Second, I would ask you to serve as a conduit for information from your constituents to Senate leadership. We can work best for our community if we are hearing from those directly affected by these interim policies.

Thank you,
Susan C. South
Senate Chair

Whitney Freeland
Administrative Manager
Lyles School of Civil and Construction Engineering

550 Stadium Ave.
West Lafayette, IN 47906-2057
o: 765-494-2256
[cid:image001.png at 01DAD776.3CEA45F0]<https://www.purdue.edu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=purdue>