[BNC-grads-list] Featured Student of the Month Initiative

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 7 14:48:34 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I just wanted to touch base with everyone about an exciting new initiative we plan to start in Sept by highlighting a BNC student of the month on our webpage, social media and atrium kiosks.

We would like this to be a “get to know” our students by featuring your research, what made you interested to go into your field of study, what you like most about Purdue and/or Birck, a fun fact about you and a pic to go along!

To start I’ll be randomly picking students and emailing with a list of questions and I ask that you please answer and return to me along with a picture of your choice.  The pic can be of anything you would like to share we just ask that it includes you 😊 My example pic is below!
[cid:image003.png at 01D54D2F.2EEE79C0]
I’ll then be posting your feature which will include the questions, your answers and pic to our websites news page: https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/news/index.php, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nano.purdue.edu/, and Twitter: https://twitter.com/BNCPurdue.  (Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter!!)

We will also be featuring a staff of the month starting in Sept so keep an eye out for those too!

I will be working ahead so I can have the features ready to post ahead of time and will let you know when yours will be published.

I am currently working on the fall semester features and will be contacting people this week to start gathering info, please keep an eye out for my email.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions and I hope everyone will be excited to participate!!

Thanks!

Jaime Turner
Administrative Assistant to the Director
Birck Nanotechnology Center | Room 1027 | W. Lafayette, IN
Office:  765.494.3509 | Fax: 765.496.8383 | Email: jjturner at purdue.edu<mailto:jjturner at purdue.edu>

[https://www.purdue.edu/brand/images/Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps.png]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>