[BNC-grads-list] [SURF] Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium Volunteer Request

Dooshaye Moonshiram dmoonshi at purdue.edu
Thu Jul 11 13:23:41 EDT 2013

Dear graduate students,
The Purdue Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) program will be hosting the annual SURF Research Symposium on Wednesday, July 31, 2013. We are very excited to have 147 undergraduate students from Purdue and other universities present their research via poster and oral presentations! The research topics will span multiple engineering, science, and agricultural disciplines.

We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate in the SURF Symposium as a session chair (facilitators of the oral presentations) or judge (poster or oral). We need many professional judges to evaluate oral and poster presentations throughout the day. We are asking volunteers to judge for approximately 1.0 hour- 1.5 hour blocks (but we would be grateful if judges could stay for multiple time blocks!). The SURF students appreciate that Purdue scientists and engineers, and the community come to the symposium to learn about their research projects. We really appreciate your time in helping us with the SURF 2013 Symposium as well.

If you would like to help, please complete the following survey by July 18, 2013:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y9fJeIg4oXv053cxosHBg7bkUq05bhpJmPVfxnJm5KY/viewform

For more information on the SURF Symposium or a copy of the schedule please visit the SURF website: https://engineering.purdue.edu/Engr/Research/SURF/Participants/Summer/Events/RequiredMeetings/surf-symposium

Please let us know (via email) if you have any questions, and accept our sincere gratitude in advance for your participation.

Thank you for your consideration,

Dooshaye Moonshiram and Laura Hull
SURF staff