[BNC-grads-list] March Boiler Up Roll Em Up! Blood Drive--Please Signup!

Alfredo Tuesta atuesta at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 1 16:57:03 EST 2011

**

*Hello everyone,*

*The Indiana Blood Center’s next Boiler Up’ Roll’Em Up Blood Drive is on
March 9.  They have come to us to ask for our help again. Let’s help support
them again and sign-up to donate!  If you can’t/won’t donate, please just
find a friend to donate.  It’s that easy!
*

*Thank you*

*Boiler Up Roll Em Up! Blood Drive**
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
11:00AM-6:00PM
Bloodmobiles at Stewart Center Bike Lane
**Click here to sign
up!<http://www.donorpoint.org/index.cfm?group=op&hlc=B117&hostlookupcode=B117>
**
*It's not just another name/password to remember! You get to redeem your
donation points in our online store and we ship your item for free.
Click here <http://public.indianablood.org/demos/Donor_Donorpoint.ppt> for a
tutorial!

*Eligibility*
Most people are eligible to donate. There are very few causes for deferral
and very few medications that are not acceptable. Donors cannot be taking
antibiotics for infection. Cancer patients must be one year cancer free.
Heart patients must be 6 months symptom free. Diabetics can donate. It is
recommended that donors have a light snack before donating DO NOT FAST –
feel free to have some of our juice and cookies. Be sure to bring your
picture ID!

Not sure if you are eligible to donate? Email Kathy
Williams<eligibility at indianablood.org?subject=re:%20Eligibility%20for%20Boiler%20Up%20Roll%20Em%20Up%21%20Blood%20Drive>.

The entire process of donating takes less than an hour. *A cholesterol,
blood pressure, blood type, and iron check are included in your donation.*

Indiana Blood Center is charged with collecting 550 units every day to be
able to supply over 60 Indiana hospitals. Your donation will save up to 3
lives. Every drop counts!

*More questions? Feel free to contact Courtney Adkins(
cadkins at indianablood.org<cadkins at indianablood.org?subject=re:%20Boiler%20Up%20Roll%20Em%20Up%21%20Blood%20Drive>
).*