[BNC-grads-list] Invitation to West Lafayette History Block Party--Saturday 11-2

Schwartz, Melissa J lanem at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 26 13:26:01 EDT 2011

Sent on behalf of: Steve Wereley, Professor of Mechanical Engineering

Colleagues,

The attached invitation is for an all-ages, greater Lafayette event, hosted by the students of "Archival Theory and Practice" and the West Lafayette Public Library.  This semester, the graduate seminar has been focused on West Lafayette history, and the results have been terrific!  Except for concessions, it's all free.  We hope you can take a break from studying and grading, have some fun, and find out a bit more about the history of our community.

The event is Saturday, from 11-2, with activities and exhibits in the Morton Center, the West Lafayette Public Library, and in the street between the two buildings.  There will be tours of fire house #1 and a fire truck at the block party; readings of historic radio dramas, first broadcast on WBAA, concessions, performances, and children's games hosted by the Greater Lafayette Chinese Alliance Church and much, much more!

Feel free to contact me (kbross at purdue.edu<mailto:kbross at purdue.edu>) or Susan Curtis (curtis at purdue.edu<mailto:curtis at purdue.edu>) if you have any questions.

Regards,
Kristina Bross

Associate Professor, English and American Studies
Purdue University
500 Oval Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2038