[BNC-grads-list] Lab Open House (11/14) and Dinner with NCN (11/20)

Laura Biedermann biedrmnn at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:00:44 EST 2008

Hello,

Lab Open House: Friday, 11/14, at 12:30 pm
Lab Open House continues with a tour this Friday of Birck 1217 at
12:30 pm.  This week's tour will feature the PVD Product's Pulsed
Laser Deposition System, which is a physical vapor deposition system
that can be used to deposit oxide thin films.  Graduate student
Caitlin Burger will be our tour guide.  A wide variety of oxides can
be deposited via PLD, including ferroelectric oxides, which enables
the possibility for non-Silicon based oxide integration into
microelectronics.

Dinner with NCN: Thursday, 11/20 at 6:00 pm
All grad students at Birck are invited to a dinner with the NCN
graduate students.  NCN is the Network for Computational
Nanotechnology.  This dinner, on Thurs., Nov 20th at 6 pm at the
Purdue Memorial Union, is a great chance to meet computational
nanotechnology grad students from a variety of disciplines.  If you
would like to attend, please e-mail Raseong Kim (kim369 at purdue.edu) by
Sunday, Nov. 16th.  See the flyer below for more information.

Thanks,

NSAC

Begin forwarded message: