[BNC-grads-list] TOURS: week of Nov. 5 through Nov. 9

Deborah Starewich dstarewi at exchange.purdue.edu
Thu Nov 1 08:11:39 EDT 2007

Here¹s a listing of tours already scheduled for next week.  Please note that
I have been called out of office on the 9th on business in Indianapolis and
that there are tours scheduled for that date.

MONDAY, Nov. 5: Fall Preview Days . . . Self-guided tours begin at 3:00.
Please be aware of students/parents in the building; there may be
opportunity to interact.

THURSDAY, Nov. 8, 4:00 (following meetings at the football stadium):
Kauffman Campuses Workshop/Biocrossroads/Discovery Lecture Series, SEVERAL
PROFS ARE ON BOARD TO HELP WITH TOURS ‹ IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE SOME GRADS
INVOLVED, TOO.
At 4:00PM, the opportunity to tour Discovery Park has been offered (a list
of RSVP¹s dated 10.04 is below).  The last panel discussion should end about
3:45PM.  Arrangements are being made by the DP Engagement group for parking
and will have attendees meet in the Burton Morgan building for tours.  They
will have been sitting all day and, no doubt, be anxious to walk around and
see our facilities.

As groups arrive, they could be split up between the Bindley and Birck.  For
the Birck portion, we could show them a couple of interesting
labs/equipment/research activities (I like to include the AFM display in the
lobby and the lab, BRK 1031; the Hall metrology lab, BRK 1089; and the
Carbon nanotube lab, BRK 2283).  When one group is done here in BRK, we can
connect with a guide from Bindley in the skywalk and trade groups (staff
will be available to help with this transition).  Tim Sands is planning on
taking part in these tour opportunities and we hope that you¹ll consider it,
too.

FRIDAY, Nov. 9. 9:20 to 9:55; meet in the BRK Atrium:  visiting group from
Herrick Labs; not a technical tour at all.  These people will be those who
accompany people attending the Industrial Advisory Committee Meetings being
held in conjunction with Herrick.  I WAS GOING TO DO THIS ONE BUT CANNOT

FRIDAY, Nov. 9, 12:30; PICK UP GROUP AT MRGN 129 and return by 1:00:
Decatur Discovery Academy (Group Contact Rebecca Davis).  I WAS GOING TO DO
THIS ONE BUT CANNOT

As you can see, we don¹t have many needs next week but I have big needs on
the 9th.  Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you¹ll be able
to help.

Thanks for your consideration :)

Deborah

Deborah S. Starewich
Administrative Assistant to Timothy D. Sands, Director

765-494-3509
dstarewi at ecn.purdue.edu

http://www.nano.purdue.edu/