[Bnc-faculty-all-list] FW: Patty Jischke Center update

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:52:58 EST 2021

Dear all,

Please find below an update on the Patty Jischke Center.

Thanks!
Jaime

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Haynes, Kyle E" <kylehaynes at purdue.edu<mailto:kylehaynes at purdue.edu>>
Subject: Patty Jischke Center update
Date: February 3, 2021 at 4:41:39 PM EST
To: "Haynes, Kyle E" <kylehaynes at purdue.edu<mailto:kylehaynes at purdue.edu>>

Dear signers of the Save PJC Open Letter –

I am very happy to share with those of you who don’t know already that families of children at the Patty Jischke Center were just sent the press release here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3865x_HY9Zfy2PCoGqWliKakiww8eyT/view?usp=sharing

Short version - PJC will stay open “indefinitely,” and Purdue will then assess the need for a new daycare center when the pandemic has subsided. So there’s still the question of a replacement center, but for now, PJC is going to stay open! We are very grateful for all your support. It has paid off for the moment. PJC families can rest easy for now knowing they don’t have to find new care for their kids by June 1, and PJC employees’ jobs are safe for the time being. Hooray!

Thank you all!

Kyle Haynes, on behalf of the organizing group

--
Kyle Haynes
Assistant Professor

I respectfully acknowledge the Indigenous People upon whose traditional homelands Purdue University is built. I honor and appreciate the Bodéwadmik (Potawatomi), Lenape (Delaware), Myaamia (Miami), and Shawnee People, who are the original Indigenous caretakers of this land.