[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Birck Operation: COVID-19 Student Information

Shakouri, Ali shakouri at purdue.edu
Sat Mar 21 12:26:58 EDT 2020

To All Birck Students:

Dear All,

I understand that some students cannot work from home and need to use our labs and cleanroom for their research. Birck as a shared facility can function only when users obey strict sanitizing, hand washing and social distancing rules.

Students should minimize the use of shared offices, kitchen and other public spaces especially if they can’t keep 6ft distance. Also plan so that you minimize time in the cleanroom or labs and visit the facility only once per day. Students who need to work close to each other, should coordinate their schedules to minimize overlap.

I strongly encourage each faculty member to ask their students who have been traveling out of state to stay home for 14 days. There is a widespread shelter in place in several states and since there are no signs early on, it is important that we minimize the risks to other users.

Please also review Sam’s email from yesterday. I appreciate very much NSAC’s great initiatives in these critical times.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments

Best regards,
Ali