[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Updated: BNC Faculty Seminar Series Thurs., 12/5 @ 12noon in BRK 2001 - Presenter Luna Lu

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:40:17 EST 2019

Sorry I didn’t change the title in the previous email I sent.

Dear all,

The next BNC Faculty Seminar is Thursday, 12/5 @ 12pm (lunch provided) in BRK 2001 Presenter: Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, Luna Lu.

Luna Lu<https://engineering.purdue.edu/SMARTLab>, Associate Professor of Civil Engineering will present an overview of her work on Nanotechnology for Energy Harvesting and Sensing Applications for the first half then the remainder will be open for questions and high-level discussion of collaboration opportunities that can lead to future center of excellence and/or also brainstorm about a shared vision for Birck.

Nanotechnology for Energy Harvesting and Sensing Applications

Abstract: The development of nanostructured compound semiconductors is fueling a revolution in solar cells, thermoelectric, piezoelectric and other optoelectronic devices. This presentation will cover some of our group’s effort on nanostructured materials growth and engineering for energy harvesting and sensing applications; in particular, oxides and nitrides for solar cells, thermoelectrics, and piezoelectric sensing for civil infrastructures. Several studies will be highlighted including Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) of ZnO- based materials for solar cells, and various approach to increase thermoelectric efficiency of III-Nitrides. The impact of doping, and crystallographic defects on electrical and thermal properties on the TE properties of nitrides thin films grown by MOCVD will be systematically analyzed.  In addition, our recent work on engineering piezoelectric sensors for real-time materials’ property monitoring in civil infrastructure will be discussed.

***Note this is the last BNC faculty seminar for the Fall semester and we will start again the in the Spring semester***

Date
Faculty
Topic
12/5/19
Luna Lu
Associate Professor of Civil Engineering with courtesy appointmen in Materials Science and Engineering
Nanotechnology for Energy Harvesting and Sensing Applications
12/12/19
Finals Week

Thank you!

Jaime Turner
Administrative Assistant to the Director
Birck Nanotechnology Center | Room 1027 | W. Lafayette, IN
Office:  765.494.3509 | Fax: 765.496.8383 | Email: jjturner at purdue.edu<mailto:jjturner at purdue.edu>

[https://www.purdue.edu/brand/images/Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps.png]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>