[Bnc-faculty-all-list] posters to represent different Birck research areas/groups

Chen, Yong P chen276 at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 7 17:39:18 EST 2018

Dear colleagues:

During the next ~2 months we will be updating the posters outside clean room (the ones showcasing the research achievements of Birck,  not the educational ones about nanotechnology).  Currently most of those research posters have not been updated after ~2012 and also they are mostly about single research highlights from individual groups --- we lack posters that summarize research profile of each major BRK research area (such as nanoelectronics, photonics, thermal, bionano, MEMS,  manufacturing)

We will be reaching out faculty representatives in each major Birck research area listed above (see also https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/research/index.php, with corresponding faculty members listed under each area's link).   The goal is to come up with 1 poster from each area summarizing the research (give highlights) of each area, plus additional posters that show case some highlights or big projects within each area in more detail.
(it could be as simple as 1 slide that shows a few selected highlights each with an image from a paper with a title/reference, which should hopefully not take much time to make, such as this example from a recent slider prepared for Purdue quantum center work on quantum sensors/photonics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9w5s7r6y3b5jwg/1slide_quantumsensorphotonics_Pqcexample.pdf?dl=0 )

These "area research posters" will be a convenient source to show our visitors the research activities of BRK, and will also be posted on our website too.

Thank you for your cooperation on this - you will hear from your area reps and we hope to collect these posters by
Jan. 1 so have them printed for new semester to showcase the updated research at Birck.

Cheers,
Yong

Yong P. Chen, PhD.
Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Director of Research for Birck Nanotechnology Center & Director of Purdue Quantum Center
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 USA
(765) 494-0947;  yongchen at purdue.edu<mailto:yongchen at purdue.edu>
http://www.physics.purdue.edu/quantum
https://engineering.purdue.edu/PQC/
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/