[Bnc-faculty-all-list] IMPORTANT - Procurement Transition Process

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 13 17:06:30 EDT 2018

Hello,

We have been communicating for some time that Purdue is undergoing a campus wide transformation process related to many aspects of our daily work life.  The finance module of this project is set to "go-live" on July 1st, 2018.  This transformation will redesign the core financial structure to a standardized structure that allows us to truly utilize SAP.  In order to prepare for this transition, there will be a period of time where we will not be allowed to place orders through Ariba.

IMPORTANT DATES:

*         April 18th - Any orders greater than $10K have to be submitted and approved in Ariba

*         May 9th - Final day for ALL OTHER Ariba orders to be submitted - "requester role" will be removed from all who have access

*         May 10th - July 1st:

o   P-cards will be used for purchases that are considered low-risk/small transactions.  Our credit card limits will be increased to account for the increase in transactions.

o   Direct Payments will be used when a vendor will not accept credit cards.  However, payment will not be submitted to the vendor until AFTER July 1st.

o   For high risk/capital equipment a form 12 will need to be submitted to the procurement help desk so that the appropriate authorizations can be obtained via DocuSign.

BEST PRACTICES FOR TRANSITION PERIOD:

*         If you plan on ordering a piece of capital equipment, please obtain all necessary documentation and approvals and enter the PO no later than 4/18.

*         If you routinely purchase certain items or have specific orders scheduled for May or June, please place those orders now.

*         Long-term or multi-year projects should be broken down into multiple POs with the first phase anything that would need paid out prior to the end of June.

*         If you have a situation that you are unsure of, please discuss with the business office.

If you have ANY questions or concerns, please let me know.
Thank you all for your understanding on this matter.
Erica Cox
Business Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center
1205 W. State Street