[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE - Campus Steam is Off Line - Cooler Cleanroom & Lab Temperatures

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Sun May 1 06:08:29 EDT 2022

Dear BNC User,

Another Update... The campus high pressure (Red trend below) steam continues to increase and now the medium pressure steam (Blue trend below) is at normal levels to support cleanroom humidity operation.  The cleanroom humidity is at lower end of the specification with a value of 40% (Normal is 45% ±5%).  The medium pressure steam (at 60 psi) is needed to operate our clean steam generators and cleanroom humidify system.  We started bring the clean steam generators on line at ~5:30AM this morning.  The commissioning process for cleanroom humidity system takes 7-9 hours to allow time for components to heat up and prevent water leaks as the humidifiers are brought back on line.  We hope to have the cleanroom humidity and humification system on line this afternoon.

All lab humidity levels are normal at this time using a lower grade humification system that fully operational.

[cid:image002.png at 01D85D21.DFBED880]

If the campus high pressure steam continues to improve and there are not issues with commissioning the cleanroom humification system this will be my last update.

Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036