[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE - Birck Nanotechnology Center Cleanroom & Labs Back to Normal Operations

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:34:59 EST 2019

All BNC User,

It appears that the power interruption was internal to Wade Plant where a switch failed causing a fault to trip a power feeder that supplies power to parts of campus and not all of campus.  The tripped feeder also shutdown 2 out of 3 steam boilers at the Wades Power Plant and large campus chilled water system.

The incoming campus steam pressure and campus chilled water appear to be back to normal.  At this time cleanroom, all lab spaces, toxic gases, and chemical exhaust systems are up and operational.

The power outage also interrupted research equipment and high vacuum systems which are in the process of being re-started.  Please check iLabs for individual equipment status.

Thank you,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036
[Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps