[Bnc-facility-notice] GOOD NEWS! Nitrogen has been restored to the BNC

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 14 14:56:09 EST 2014

The nitrogen lines have been purged, and both liquid and gaseous nitrogen is now available in both the cleanroom and laboratories.

The BNC Cleanroom is now open.

The toxic gas system is still being flushed, so hazardous gases will not be available until tomorrow (Wednesday).

Some equipment needs to be purged for an extended period, so please check Coral for equipment availability.

Thank you for your patience during this shutdown. While the chances of something like this happening again are very small, we are developing a set of contingency plans that should minimize downtime should there be a recurrence. We are also working with our nitrogen supplier to ensure that they have the appropriate plans in place to be able to support us.

John

John R. Weaver
Facility Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center