[BNC-all] Birck Argon Update

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 25 11:59:59 EST 2019

Dear Birck Researchers,

The Praxair people, along with our process piping contractor Cryogenics-LLC, have restored our house Argon to its normal delivery pressure, and we now have a full tank of liquid Argon as well.  The root cause was theorized to be an exceptionally high use somewhere in the building that not only quickly depleted the tank but also lowered the delivery pressure.  We're asking anyone who has used excessive Argon recently to let us know.  Going forward please let the engineering staff know if you intend to use a high Argon flow for some process.  We are also working with Praxair to track when deliveries have been made over time and to see if delivery frequency has increased recently.

So, Argon pressure and delivery has been restored back to normal levels.  Thank you for your patience.

Ron

Ron Reger
Engineering Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center | Room 2289 |
Office:  765.494.6667 | Email: rreger at purdue.edu<mailto:rreger at purdue.edu>
Wiki:  https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki
iLabs:  https://purdue.ilabsolutions.com/homepage/

[Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps.png (300?-66)]

www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>