[BNC-all] Important News from the Business Office

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Thu May 10 16:08:44 EDT 2018

Hello Birck Family,

There are a few important announcements regarding Transform Purdue and our summer schedule that I want to pass along.

·         Yesterday was the last day to enter NON-CATALOG orders into Ariba.  If you would like to place a catalog order, you can do so until 4 PM on Thursday, May 31st.

·         Credit cards can be utilized for other purchases as necessary.  Our credit card single purchase and cycle limits have been greatly increased to handle the heavier load while Ariba is down.  With that said, the business office will be exercising caution when reviewing documentation and requests for credit cards.  Requests to check a credit card out overnight will not be allowed.  Special exceptions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.  This will help to ensure that our cards do not get compromised.  Please note: there is a spare computer in the business office so please do not be surprised if we ask you to place your order onsite so that the credit card does not have to be "checked-out".

·         The business office accounting systems will be converted to S4 HANA at the end of June.  The system will go down Friday 6/29 and we do not expect it to come back up prior to July 5th.  Please take that into account and be patient with us during that time.  Once the conversion is complete, the account strings you are used to using today will be completely different.  We will do our best to communicate those new account strings when we know what they are.

I would also like to inform every one of the business office schedule for the summer months (5/14/18 - 8/17/18).

·         The business office will be open from 7:30 AM - 5 PM with the exception of a ½ hour from noon to 12:30 PM for lunch.  This applies to every day of the work week, except Wednesday.  As a gentle reminder, the business office staff often remain at their desks through the lunch period but are not working.  Please be considerate of that.  The rule of thumb is that if our doors are open, you are welcome to come in.  If our doors our closed, the business office is closed.

·         The business office will be open all day, from 7:30 AM - 5 PM on Wednesdays.

·         Each member of the business office staff (excluding me) will be initiating a summer flex schedule so their normal weekly hours may vary from what they are now.  They will be sending out their own communication to notify those that they work with closely.

·         Fiscal approvals for credit card orders will be limited on Friday afternoons from 3 PM - 5 PM.  We ask that you take that into consideration when ordering.  You will still have the availability to get approval but it may take additional time.

The business office is very thankful that our Birck Family is always understanding of these sorts of things.  As always, please do not hesitate to stop in and ask additional questions that you may have regarding Transform Purdue or the change to our office schedule for the summer.  We want to be sure that you are fully aware of what is going on and when and how you can get ahold of us.
Erica Cox
Business Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center
1205 W. State Street