[BNC-all] Birck discipline policy changes

Weinstein, Dana danaw at purdue.edu
Sat Feb 17 11:33:18 EST 2018

Dear Birck community,

I would like to alert you to a new procedure for Birck discipline, attached below. This document clearly outlines the process for addressing unsafe or negligent behavior in the labs and cleanroom, and gives everyone an idea of repercussions for such behavior. Our primary goal in Birck is to provide all users with state-of-the-art facilities for micro/nanofabrication and characterization. Of course, we can only do that with the help and cooperation of its users. Fewer infractions and more careful and organized user culture will lead directly to more successful processing for everyone, reduced tool downtime, and more time for our hard-working staff to work with users to develop and characterize processes, exchange ideas, and install new tools for increased capability in Birck. We hope that clearly delineated discipline procedures will help educate users, and train them to be world-class researches in micro/nanoscale science and technology.

Please read through this document, put together after much consideration by the Disciplinary Committee headed by Prof. Amy Marconnet. It will be posted on the Birck wiki shortly, and is effective immediately.

Thank you to everyone for helping to make Birck such a creative, collaborative place. I hope we can all work to make it even more competitive and productive.

Best,
Dana

Dana Weinstein
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Director of Operations, Birck Nanotechnology Center, Discovery Park
Purdue University
https://engineering.purdue.edu/hybridmems