[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of November 13

Willison, Sheryl L swilliso at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 10 14:03:13 EST 2017

[BIRCK NANOTECHNOLOGY CENTER][http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/resources/toolkit/files/logo/digital/Logo-949x222.png]

Seminars/Workshops

Cell Culture Basics - 2 Days Hands-On Training Course
November 16 & 17
Deadline for registration is Oct. 27, 2017
and
December 11 & 12
Deadline for registration is Nov. 17, 2017
Course fee: $250
Questions Dr. Tim Kwok at kwokt at purdue.edu<mailto:kwokt at purdue.edu> or 765-494-6697

Bioelectronic Devices for Personalized and Precision Medicine: From Wearable Biosensors to Medical Nanorobots
Wei Gao, Assistant Professor of Medical Engineering, California Institute of Technology
November 13
2:00 p.m.
BRK 1001
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=1129

Discovery Park Distinguished Lecture Series
Minister Kazuhiro Suzuki
The U.S.-Japan Economic Relationship under President Trump and Prime Minister ABE
Thursday, November 16th at 2:00 pm
Krannert Center, Room 108
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/events/index.php

CISTAR - Center for Innovative and Strategic Transformation of Alkane Resources
November 16, 2017
3.00 - 4.15 pm in FRNY G140
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ChE/events/2017/che-seminar-dr-fabio-ribeiro

Bagwell X
Tenth Honorary Lecture
Counter-Intuitive Physics of Ballistic Transport in State of the Art Electronic Devices
Michael Shur, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Friday, November 17 at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Burton D. Morgan Rm 121
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=959

Building a Manufacturing Ecosystem for Flexible Hybrid Electronics: a Focus on Aerospace Opportunities
Dr. Benjamin J. Leever, Senior Materials Engineer in the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Soft Matter Materials Branch
Thursday, November 30
2:00-3:00 pm
Burton D. Morgan Center 121
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=1155

VISION TO VALUES
Imaging Analysis Workshop
Thursday, November 30th
8:30 am - 3 pm
Dean's Auditorium, Pfendler Hall
RSVP by November 21st at bindleybioscience at purdue.edu<mailto:bindleybioscience at purdue.edu>

See other Discovery Park's Events:
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/events/index.php

Locking office Doors
Please make sure you are locking your office doors before leaving.  We are coming up on the holiday season and it is a prime time for someone to steal items from offices.  Be courteous to your fellow office mates and make sure you keep your office and everything inside secure.  I have instructed the custodial staff to make sure that after cleaning, to close and lock the door.  If you have any questions, please contact Mary Jo at 496-1173 or tottenm at purdue.edu<mailto:tottenm at purdue.edu> .

Status of laboratories link:
http://status.iLab.agilent.com

NSAC Coffee Hour

Each Friday

3:30 pm in BRK Atrium

https://engineering.purdue.edu/NSAC/activities/coffeehour

NSAC Journal Club

October 31

4:30 PM BNC Atrium

Purdue United Way
We are 3 days to victory! We are not there yet, but I know we are all doing our best as we push to November 15th! Online pledging is available again by visiting: www.uwlafayette.org/purdue/campaign<http://www.uwlafayette.org/purdue/campaign> then clicking on "Purdue Employees Give Now" button.  If you have any questions, Sheryl Willison is Senior Chair for the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships.