[BNC-all] BNC e-news for the week of January 25th.

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 22 20:08:16 EST 2016

Lost & Found

Post-Doc Position
Refrigerator

Seminar

Working in Acid Hoods

Lost & Found

If you have recent lost an earring please see Heather at the front desk to claim.

Post-Doc Position

I am looking to hire a post doctoral fellow, either newly  graduated or experienced, with expertise in synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials.

At the University of Louisville, my laboratory  develops small molecule dyes and nanomaterials for cancer imaging and drug delivery applications. For examples of our current research, we have published manuscripts in Nano Research, Journal of Controlled Release, J Nanobiotechnology, and Clinical Cancer Research in 2015.

Please forward this link to anyone that you believe appropriate.
<https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=176191870&Title=Postdoctoral%20Scholar%20%28Job%20Id%3A%2032529%29&aID=7137>https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=176191870&Title=Postdoctoral%20Scholar%20%28Job%20Id%3A%2032529%29&aID=7137

Thank you

 Lacey R. McNally, PhD

Assistant Professor

University of Louisville

Department of Medicine

505 S Hancock

Clinical and Translational Research Building Rm 307

Louisville, KY 40202

T: 502-852-2288

F:502-852-2123

lacey_mcnally at hotmail.com<mailto:lacey_mcnally at hotmail.com>

Refrigerator
The refrigerator in the kitchen will be cleaned at 2 on Friday Jan 29. Anything not labeled and looking bad will be thrown away container and all.
There are labels in the drawer to name and date your containers. If the container has a name on it I will contact you before throwing it away.

Thank you,
Nancy Black

Process Documentation for Personal Use
A user recommended that run instruction sheets be provided during training on major equipment for later use and study.  Most of our major equipment has laminated run instructions at the equipment, but providing personal copies is an excellent suggestion.  We will begin doing this.

Seminar

Title: Magnetic Nanowires: Revolutionizing Hard Drives, RAM, and Cancer Treatment

IEEE Magnetics Society Distinguished Lecturer

Prof. Bethanie Stadler

University of Minnesota

When: February 1st 2016, 11:00 am

Where: Burton Morgan, MRGN 121

NSF Funded ICD for Nanotechnology

Please consider this opportunity to explore the commercial potential of your nanotechnology research (see attached flyer). Introduction to Customer Discovery (ICD) for Nanotechnology is ideal preparation for NSF's I-Corps Program and qualifies you for I-Corps even if you are not NSF Funded. We will be hosting this program at Purdue in Discovery Park with teams also participating from the Universities of Michigan and Illinois Urbana-Champaign. There is no cost and each team accepted into the program will have travel costs associated with the program covered by Purdue's NSF I-Corps Site. For further information go to:  www.krannert.purdue.edu/icd4nanotechnology<http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/icd4nanotechnology> and/or contact Matthew Lynall (mlynall at purdue.edu<mailto:mlynall at purdue.edu>).

Working in Acid Hoods
As a reminder from the all-user meetings this week, please do not place any personal items in the hoods due to contamination issues, injury to users, and damage to personal equipment.  This would include items such as cell phones, tablets, laboratory notebooks, or any other personal items.  Please help us keep the facility safe and clean while protecting your personal assets.