[BNC-all] BNC e-news for the week of January 11th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 8 14:57:53 EST 2016

Cleanroom Portable Tablet/Laptop

One suggestion this week was to provide a shared hand-held electronic product to allow process notes to be downloaded in the cleanroom instead of writing them on cleanroom paper.  This is an excellent idea, and we would like to discuss use scenarios with the person who suggested this so that we may choose the best solution.  Please see Ron Reger at your convenience.

Hot Plate Fume Containment

A user pointed out that the hotplates in the lithography area sometimes produce noticeable fumes during baking and curing processes.  To address this we will work with our sheet metal trades to design, fabricate, and install an exhausted hood/canopy over this area.  This will perform the function of removing fumes out through the hood thus minimizing them in the work area.  Once installed we will need to determine what effect, if any, the moving air caused by the slight negative pressure will have on cure times and/or process performance.

Nanoscale Thermal/Thermoelectric Energy Conversion (NT-TEC) Seminar
Speaker: Roger Luo
Title: Anisotropic in-plane thermal conductivity of few-layer black phosphorus measured by Raman spectroscopy