[BNC-all] NSAC Workshop on Roll-to-Roll Nano-manufacturing (Tuesday Oct 27, 2015)

NSAC nsac at purdue.edu
Mon Oct 26 10:22:30 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues:

We are pleased to invite you to a workshop on Roll-roll nano-manufacturing
organized by the Nanotechnology Student Advisory Council (NSAC) at the
Birck Nanotechnology Center.

Roll-to-roll nano-manufacturing is a widely adopted technique that provides
both *high throughput* and *low cost* production. It is applied in numerous
fields including flexible and large-area electronics, flexible solar
displays and solar panels, medical products, printed/flexible thin-film
batteries, to mention but a few.

This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to:

   -     Obtain basic knowledge of this widely explored manufacturing tool

   -    Network with fellow graduate students that are experienced with
   this tool

   -     Enhance their academic and professional portfolio

Participation is free and to participate, please sign up at:
*http://bit.do/roll2roll_workshop
<http://bit.do/roll2roll_workshop>*

The agenda for the workshop is as follows:

Date: October 27, 2015 (Tuesday)

Time: 12.00 PM – 2.00 PM

12:00PM-12:45PM Introductory Lecture & Lunch (Birck 1001)

12:50PM-2:00PM Practical Demo of roll-roll (R-R Nano-manufacturing Lab)

We hope that you will utilize this opportunity to learn something new,
expand your knowledge and become better equipped to contribute to
addressing important Grand challenges that face our society today.

Please see the attached fliers for details and contact us if you have any
questions.

Sincerely,

NSAC Officers
*The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it.
(Samuel Johnson)*