[BNC-all] E-news for the week of May 25th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri May 22 10:14:36 EDT 2015

Fire Alarm Evacuation
Parking
STS Etchers
Transportation Services
VB6 Update

Fire Alarm Evacuation

Information on the evacuation(5.15.15):

Follow-up to our fire alarm evacuation.  No actual fire existed this was a false alarm. At this point Fire Equipment service (FES) is investigating the cause of the alarm. The sprinkler system which triggered the alarm operates such that if flow is detected in the system an alarm is activated.

We suspect that a drop in pressure within the system at some point was the cause. Since a portion of the system is a dry pipe (pressurized with nitrogen or air) it is suspected that a leak may have caused a drop in pressure and testing by FES will be conducted to identify if that was the cause.

More information will be made available once the testing is completed.

Stephen
Birck Safety Officer

Parking
On Thursday, May 28th 20 parking spaces will be reserved in the west parking lot.

Parking permit renewal: At the beginning of July, regular faculty and staff will receive an email notice that parking permits may be renewed online. At that time, staff and faculty may log on to the Parking Facilities website to renew. No renewal forms will be mailed. Permits will be issued for one-year only this renewal period. Questions should be directed to Parking Facilities at 49-49497 or parking at purdue.edu<mailto:parking at purdue.edu>.

STS Etchers

We're pleased to report that all the STS Plasma Etch systems have now been repaired and are operational.  Several issues were found and fixed with the support of field service engineering last week.

Transportation Services
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D09478.1AC7EA40]

VB6 Update

An issue with newer software was discovered and progress has been made toward fixing the missing data issue.  Now, however, small boundary anomalies are being seen, and the entire Vistec service organization is discussing possible causes and solutions.  We will continue to monitor the situation and report as soon as any progress is made.