[BNC-all] Grad Student Symposium Results + Spring Picnic [TODAY at 4pm ]

NSAC nsac at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 24 15:00:55 EDT 2015

Dear Birck Community:

We thank you for your participation in the NSAC Graduate Student Research
Symposium that took place yesterday at the Birck Nanotechnology Center.
Thirty graduate students presented posters on their research showcasing to
the community their exciting research works. All of the presentations were
of high caliber, resulting in very high scores from the judges. From these,
the top three scoring presenters were identified.

We are pleased to announce the following people as winners of the Spring
2015 NSAC Graduate Student Research Symposium.

*First Place:*
* Nirajan Mandal -- Observation of Current induced Optical Kerr Rotation in
Topological Insulators*

*Second Place:*
* Justus C. Ndukaife -- Plasmon-Assisted Optoelectrofluidics*

*Third Place:*
* Nathaniel Kinsey -- ENZ Al-Doped ZnO for Ultrafast Switching at Telecom:
Outpacing the Amplitude-Bandwidth Trade-Off*

NSAC thanks the entire Discovery Park community and in particular the grad
student presenters, the judges, and all those that made the event possible.
NSAC appreciates and will continue to count on your unwavering support of
its effort in enhancing research awareness among students and faculty at
Birck, Discovery Park, and all of Purdue.

*Please join us this evening at 4PM at Purdue University Village Center
(Squirrel Park) for our annual spring picnic.*
* There will be food, music, and fun activities. Following this we will
have a presentation of awards and certificates for the symposium winners,
poster presenters, and judges.*

See you there!!

NSAC Officers