[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of June 2nd

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri May 30 15:48:56 EDT 2014

Seminar
Survey Feedback
Tours

Seminar
Dr. Jorge Garcia-Canadas
Impedance Spectroscopy Methods Applied to Thermoelectric materials and Devices
Tuesday, June 10th at 2:00 pm Birck 1001
For more information please visit: https://nanohub.org/groups/bnc/calendar/details/1024

Survey Feedback
Citizenship Recognition - Andy Yang

A special 'thank you' and recognition to user Andy Yang for his exemplary citizenship!  Andy was working in the cleanroom over Memorial Day weekend, and on that Saturday Dave Lubelski came in to address an evaporator issue.  Andy asked Dave to stay and support him while he worked in an acid hood.  Andy did not want to work alone in the acid hood because it is a safety issue and a violation of policy.  Thanks, Andy, for setting a fine example of being a responsible user of our facilities!

Spinner 1

Spinner 1 has had intermittent vacuum issues.  At times this has been caused by photoresist getting into the vacuum lines.  This past week we found a loose vacuum line fitting and corrected it, so we believe another root cause of the vacuum problems has been found and fixed.  Please let us know how Spinner 1 performs now that we have made this correction.

VB6

Another height adjustment issue was brought to our attention.  We would like to discuss this in person with the user so that we may permanently address the problem, so would the user please contact Bill Rowe or myself to discuss this in more detail?

Thanks again for the constructive suggestions!

Ron

Tours
There will be several tours in the month of June.

Tuesday, June 3rd
2:45 pm - 15 guests

Wednesday, June 4th
2:30 on - 2 guests