[BNC-all] Lab Temperature Control July 9, 2008

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Tue Jul 8 14:06:03 EDT 2008

There will be a campus chilled water outage on Wednesday morning, July
9, affecting the EAST LAB WING temperature control.  We expect the
temperature in all east wing laboratories to increase by a few degrees
during this outage.  Airflow and static pressure will NOT change, so it
is safe to continue work in those labs.  Please note, however, that if
you are running temperature-sensitive processes, you may want to delay
your experiments until the temperature stabilizes.  Below is the
official announcement from Mark Voorhis:

On July 9 from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM the makeup air handling unit chilled
water will be shut down for ~4 hours to complete repairs on the campus
chilled water pump seals and clean strainers.

We expect the temperatures in all the east wing labs to increase by few
degrees.  The makeup air flow will not change and static pressures in
the labs will not be affected.

The Kevin Hall Lab (1087A) will not be effected since this area is
supplied from a different of air handler.