[BNC-all] Weekly Memo - 12/8/08

Jeff Goecker jgoecker at purdue.edu
Fri Dec 5 16:11:41 EST 2008

To ensure you receive your BNC Weekly Memo e-mails,
please add bnc-all at ecn.purdue.edu to your address book.
Current issue is at http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/Nanotechnology/mondaymemo.html
Week of December 8, 2008
ANNOUNCEMENTS
NSAC game night:
NSAC
will be hosting a game night at Birck on Tuesday, December 9th, from
7-9 pm.  Come play Nintendo Wii (a video game) on the big screens in
the conference rooms or play board games such as Pictionary in the
lobby.  We'll also have cookies and hot chocolate for all.  Everyone at
Birck, their families, and significant others are invited.

Cleanroom Pre-Gowning Operational Change

The pregowning procedure is receiving a minor change. While we
currently have “cubbies” for used hairnets, the hairnets are generally
not being reused.  As a result, we are eliminating hairnet reuse
altogether.  The cubbies that are currently being used for hairnets
will be relocated for use as shoe-cover reuse bins and for safety-glass
holders.

Procedure change:  Each time you go through the pregowning procedure, please take a fresh hairnet.

This change matches our stated procedures to common practice, and
avoids the cost of purchasing additional bins for shoe covers and
safety glasses as the cleanroom population grows.  Thank you for your
support of this minor change to our procedures.

NOTARY PUBLIC now in Discovery Park: Jackie Lanter (Burton Morgan); 41335; lanter at purdue.edu.
________________________________

TOURS/VISITORS
Wednesday,
12.10.08, 10:00AM: Jay Akridge, candidate for AG Dean; with Charles
Buck. Tour to begin in Morgan and continue through DP facilities; to
end by 10:45.
Friday, 12.12.08, 9:00AM: John Floros, Penn
State University, candidate for AG Dean; with Charles Buck. Tour to
begin in Morgan and continue through DP facilities; to end by 9:45.
________________________________

SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS
Thursday,
01.08.09, 1:00-5:00PM, Physical Facilities Service Building: "Workplace
Violence Awareness." PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED. [More]

Summer Research Experience for UNDERGRADUATES in Nanotechnology. www.nsec.northwestern.edu/REU.htm [More]

________________________________

OPPORTUNITIES
Physics
Faculty positions: The University of California is creating a dynamic
new university campus and campus community in Merced, California. [More]

________________________________

Submit items for memo of December 15, 2008 by ****12 Noon***** on Friday, 12.12.08, to Deborah Starewich dstarewi at purdue.edu
________________________________

Other BNC info:
 Purdue Home Page
 BNC Home Page
 BNC Users Forum
Links to Discovery Park Centers

Bindley Bioscience Center

e-Enterprise Center

Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship

Discovery Learning Center

Center for Advanced Manufacturing
Center for Environment
Oncological Sciences Center