[BNC-all] Reminder: Cleanroom Protocols

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Fri Dec 5 09:24:02 EST 2008

All,

It has been observed by many staff members and users that there
continues to be general degradation in following proper cleanroom and
laboratory protocols.  Increased clutter, improper glove use, and a
general lack of attention to proper cleanroom and lab standards have
been recorded.

Please remember that working at Birck is a privilege.  Ours is one of
the world's finest nanotechnology research facilities and it is up to
all of us to maintain our labs and cleanroom at the highest professional
levels.  We are in a growth environment and we frequently conduct window
tours for prospective university and industrial users.  Their
willingness to sponsor research work here at Birck depends largely on
their impressions of our facility.  New research work means additional
funding for us, which will lead to maintaining and growing our
capabilities into the future.

So, please pick up after yourself, and please follow proper procedures
and protocols.  Let's work together to maintain the highest professional
standards for our facility and for ourselves.

Thank you very much for your support and cooperation.

Ron

Ron Reger
Process & Equipment Manager

Office:  765-494-6667