[BNC-all] Ultrapure Water Update

John Weaver jrweaver at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 11 15:40:20 EDT 2007

The problems with the ultrapure water that resulted from the system
maintenance efforts have been resolved, and the water quality is once again
in the range of "Nanotechnology-Grade Water."  Critical operations may now
resume.

The TOC is somewhat higher than our normal levels - 400 ppT as compared to
225 ppT - and the boron level is higher than normal - 92 ppT as compared to
<15 ppT.  Even with this, we are producing some of the cleanest water in
existence and these levels should have no impact on research.  Please
contact Tim Miller (miller at ecn.purdue.edu) if you have any questions or
concerns.

Thank you for your patience through this unexpected excursion,

John

John R. Weaver

Facility Manager

(765) 494-5494