[BNC-all] Lisa Reece Biosafety Role

John Weaver jrweaver at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 16 11:04:02 EDT 2007

To the BNC Community:

I am pleased to announce that, effective immediately, Lisa Reece will be
working with the Birck Nanotechnology Center Staff on a half-time basis
handling all biosafety issues within the BNC.  As anyone working with the
nano-bio labs in the BNC is well aware, Lisa is a recognized expert in
biosafety and laboratory management and has already contributed to the BNC
biosafety programs at a very high level.  We are now formalizing the
relationship that has been working so successfully over the past several
months - and obtaining some additional time from Lisa's schedule in
proactive work in our biosafety programs.  In this role, Lisa will be
working for Steve Jurss, the BNC Safety Manager.

We welcome Lisa into a more formal role with the BNC Staff, although she is
well known to all of us.  Please give her your full support in this new role
- her expertise and leadership will make our laboratories an even better
place to work.

John Weaver

John R. Weaver

Facility Manager