[BNC-all] Status of BNC 31 Jan 07 Noon

Willison, Sheryl L swilliso at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 31 11:47:14 EST 2007

As you may have heard, the campus lost power this morning.  One
aftereffect of the power loss was the loss of campus-wide steam.  To
keep the cleanroom at a positive pressure and to prevent other building
issues, we had to shut down all exhaust systems in the building.
Because of these issues:

The cleanroom is closed - please do not enter

No chemical processing is allowed in the laboratories - even simple
solvents

Temperatures will be highly unstable.  Do not run temperature-sensitive
equipment or processes.

The best prediction from Purdue Physical Facilities is that the steam
should be stabilized in 3-4 hours from now, approximately 4:00 pm.
Obviously that is an estimate - I will keep you posted as I learn
anything new.

Thank you for understanding.

John Weaver
Facility Manager