[BNC-all] Landscaping Update

John Weaver jrweaver at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jan 4 17:30:25 EST 2007

The landscaping around the Birck Nanotechnology Center is wrapping up for
the winter.  The contractor has indicated that the sidewalks should be
turned over to us no later than January 15, 2007.  The fences will come down
and we will have normal access to the BNC.  I think we all will say,
"FINALLY!"  This is about two weeks later than the original plan, but there
were circumstances that caused the delays.

That means that we have a little over a week to put up with the current
situation.  I would like to ask everyone to be patient.  Please use the
proper routes - don't go onto the construction site and don't prop open
locked doors at Birck.  Above all, please respect our facility - don't go
through the mud to take a "short cut" into the building.

Thank you for your patience during this project.  The work will resume in
the Spring, but we will always have multiple access points - it won't be
like it has been up to this time.

It will be obvious when the fences come down, but I will also send out an
e-mail letting you know when we have full access restored.

John

John R. Weaver

Facility Manager

(765) 494-5494